Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review of Magners Cider

I have to say I got some positive feedback about my last rating.  I was over zealous in my rating of 5 out of 5.  So as of now I will be giving my ratings out of 10 to give myself room to play with.  If I were to go back, Williams would have received a 7.5 to an 8 out of 10.

Tonight I am going international in my choice of cider.  Today's selection is Magners Original Cider.  This is an Irish cider that was established in 1935 and is available at the LCBO.  The alchol content is 4.5%.

This is a unique apple cider as it has a darker colour than most.   Upon pouring the colour you see is the colour you get.  There is no clouding.  Tonight I have poured over ice as suggested and I have to say it is a refreshing drink.  I have had this cider before without using ice and the taste is different.  If you drink it without ice, I found there was a bit of an after taste and one you had to get use to.  Over the rocks, the after taste disappears.   You can get two different taste experiences with this product.

As for the aroma, a slight apple smell is apparent upon opening.  It isn't overpowering.  I went to Magners website as I was curious to see which type of apple is used as the colour  is a dark golden yellow.  According to their website they use  over 17 different types of apples.  This is perhaps the reason of the unique taste and colour.

For those of you who need to follow a gluten free diet, then Magners is a viable choice.  For more information on Magners go to their website at www.magners.com

Now for the rating.....I give Magners Original Cider an 8 out of 10.  Just for the fact I got two different taste experiences with one product.

Cheers!

Laurie

2 Comments:

At January 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM , Blogger life.iridescent said...

Cool blog Laurie! I will definitely take your expert opinion into consideration when I am next presented with a cider selection :)

 
At March 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM , Blogger life.iridescent said...

I tried Magners today as I ate pizza. The cider is nice and refreshing - I chilled it but no ice. Today is an unusually hot day for March and in summer I can totally see how pouring it over ice would make it even better! It has a kind of 'party' or celebratory quality to it. It's got a unique taste that makes you want more : ) It's good to be different.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Tweet