Sunday, March 10, 2013

GrandeTentation Rose Cider


 Size:  330ml bottle
Alc/vol:  6.4%

I have been very lax lately (3 months almost) in writing my thoughts about various ciders I have had the opportunity to try.  I have been sampling many but instead of writing my thoughts down I was too busy enjoying myself.

On my visit to Montreal way back in October, I happened to pick up a bottle of Michel Jodoin carbonated crackling rose cider Grand Tentation.  The fact as the name suggests it was rose in colour was enough for me to give it a try.

The pour:  No foaming head but very carbonated.  Minutes after the pour the little tiny bubbles were still jumping away in the glass. 

The Taste:  Now unlike your traditional apple ciders, this bevy was very fruity.  In fact, I couldn't taste any apple at all.  Yet according to their website it is is made from Geneva and McIntosh apples. Wow, if you can hide the tones of apples then it is a great job.  My first impression was that it was more of a wine than cider.   At the same time, it was very enjoyable and a great change to your apple tasting hard core ciders.  It did have a bit of a sour bite too it.  Credit to the the cider maker for making this unique drink.

The Verdict:  I really did enjoy this and would have it again.  The downside is that the carbonation got the stomach growling and rolling away.  Would this be an everyday cider one would have at the pub?.....No.  It it is the type of cider that could be served in place of wine at dinner or just to have as a variation from your traditional ciders.  It is for this reason I give it 7.8 out of 10.

For more information on this specific cider or other products available visit their website at:  http://www.micheljodoin.ca/en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Tweet