Sunday, September 23, 2012

Magners Golden Draught

 The Cider:  Of course when you are getting poured a pint you don't have the chance to really watch how the cider pours.  I have tried to find out some information about this product and the following was copied from their website.

"Magners Golden Draught is produced with the same craft, care and dedication as Magners Original Irish Cider in bottles. The product, however, differs from bottled Magners as it is made using a higher proportion of the smaller, harder Dabinett and Michelin apples. This produces a crisper, less sweet taste which is perfect for draught cider. Magners Golden Draught is served extra cold so there is no need for ice."  You can find this information at http://www.candcgroupplc.com/brands/ciders/magners   (this is the parent company home page but there is an official Magners home page. )

The Consumer Review: Well what can I say.....I loved it.  Just like they state on their website it had a cool, crisp taste.  It was nice and smooth.....I could easily have given up shopping and and sat back and drink these all day.  I had spent a great deal of time already walking around London and had made it over to Camden Market.  Before long, I was dying of thirst and decided a cider was in order. After the bar tender had poured my cider I could see the glass had frosted from the pour as it is served extra cold.   The picture above shows some frosting on the glass and believe me you did not need to drink this cider over ice. You could not get a distinctive taste of apple and that could be in part that its served extra cold and that the smoothness of the cider makes you forget about the taste.  I was more amazed I must admit about the crispness of the cider to really pay attention to what undertones were present or what the dominate flavour was.

The Restaurant:  I first tried this cider at Lock 107 in Camden.  This is modern pub/restaurant with seating inside and out.  Depending where you sat, you had a view of the locks, vendor's stalls or the covered market.  The staff were friendly and very helpful, and we the day was sunny and hot so it was non stop for them.

Throughout the week I was in the UK I had tired this cider a few times and it never disappointed.  My only complaint is that it's not available in Canada.  One can only hope or it will have to be my special treat when I visit the UK again.

The Verdict:  One of my favourites so this one gets a 9.5 out of 10.

You can follow them on twitter @magnersUK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Tweet