Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cider Thoughts

Well, this summer I have been drinking some of my favourites that I have already reviewed so hence the lack of activity in reviewing ciders.  I have been enjoying the different flavours of Growers cider, Thornbury and Waupoos Cider (have to admit I haven't done a review of the later).

I am impressed that more restaurants, bars, pubs are carrying more cider and not just the imports such as Strongbow.  Canadian Cider is growing and becoming more popular among cider drinkers.  Various establishments are recognizing this and are starting to go Canadian and that is a good thing.

I am heading over to the UK, and I am looking forward to trying the different ciders over there.  They are home to the big boys such as Strongbow, Blackthorn etc, but there is a wide variety of the small independent companies as well.  I will be taking my notes, to compare the various styles of British ciders with the Canadian ciders.  I know, my introduction to cider was with Strongbow, Magners and Bulmers (which you can no longer get in Ontario....don't get me started on that).  If you enjoy something, you expand your horizons and hence my venture into ciders made in my own backyard (a very big back yard!).  I can honestly say I rank Canadian Cider right up there with British ciders.

On that note, is there any recommendations out there for ciders I should try when over in the UK (London) and any pubs I should visit?

Until then, may the ciders you drink bring you pleasure and joy!

Cheers,

Laurie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Tweet